March 1 12 AM to May 31, 2019 12 AM
Here again for its fifth edition, the National Youth Film Awards (NYFA) is partnering with the Singapore International Film Festival (SGIFF). Jointly organised by *SCAPE and the National Youth Council (NYC), NYFA aims to provide a platform for youths to showcase their talents in film, and create opportunities for young filmmakers to hone their skills and network with industry professionals.
This year, NYFA is centred around the carpe diem spirit and celebrates the dreams of today’s youths, encapsulating their joy, energy and excitement. To date, more than 1,000 submissions have been received across the Media Student and Open Youth categories.
- Documentary, Animation or Live Action films
Open Youth Category
- Between the age of 15-35 years old (as of 31 December 2019)
- Residing in Singapore during the time of the production of the submission
- Submissions must be produced between 1 Jan 2018 and 31 May 2019
Media students Category
- Full-time student(s) who are under the age of 35 (before 31 December 2019)
- Residing in Singapore
- Currently enrolled in a media-related course/module at any Institute of Higher Learning (IHL) in Singapore
- Submissions must be produced between 1 Jan 2018 and 31 May 2019 during the course of enrolment at the IHL
IHL graduates (between 17 April 2018 and 31 May 2019) from media-related course/modules are also eligible to participate.
For more information, please refer to our official website: www.scape.sg/nyfa/. Follow us on Instagram @scapesg and on Facebook @NationalYouthFilmAwards.